Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Family values within the glitter

Ralph Leroy
I’ve recently went to Ottawa for the weekend where I had the most wonderful experience with Ralph Leroy.  On one of the evenings we attended a lovely dinner in honor of his achievements. Once there, I met the designer’s family as well as Michaëlle Jean, the previous governor general, which turned out to be quite the event. 

Firstly, I must mention how deeply impressed I am by Leroy’s family values. Throughout the evening we sat at a table with his relatives where I saw the most heartfelt scene of a family so supportive of one another (and quite happy to celebrate this event with Leroy) that it rekindled and strengthened my love and gratitude for my own family. 

I could tell straight away that this guy was a family man which may have very well helped drive him to where he is today. Secondly, I am astounded by all of his accomplishments and fulfillment at such a young age as he is rapidly becoming one of Canada’s top designers. He inspires hope for all those who are struggling with their businesses or other ventures and makes you believe you can do the impossible. 

This weekend trip has had quite the impression on me and has left me mentally refreshed and invigorated as well as leaving me with the feeling that I myself can accomplish anything.

by Terrence Manoo


Her Excellency the Right Honorable Michaëlle Jean and Ralph Leroy

Her Excellency the Right Honorable Michaëlle Jean, Mr. Jean Daniel Lafond and Ralph Leroy

Ralph Leroy and Actress/choreographer Ms. Tré Armstrong

Ralph Leroy and Gwennaelle Madiba

Terrence Manoo and Ralph Leroy
Terrence Manoo

















credit photos: Terrence Manoo

No comments: